Pender & Associates’ family and friends attend the American Parkinson’s Disease Association’s “Skyline Gala” fundraising event.
“Your Source for Quality Insurance Solutions since 1972”
Pender & Associates is an independent insurance agency specializing in the sales and service of health, life and ancillary products for businesses and individuals. When Bill Pender established our agency in 1972, he dreamed of becoming successful by “out-servicing the competition.” He understood that people need a trusted advisor to help with the selection of suitable coverage for managing risks. He also realized threats to financial security evolve over time and continued protection requires reliable monitoring by a knowledgeable expert.
Bill was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, a progressive neurodegenerative disease, forcing him to retire in the late 90s, but our agency still thrives today. We owe our continued success to the loyalty and support of our customers combined with an agent team that embraces Bill’s philosophy; a dependable and well-informed agent is “Your best source for quality insurance solutions,”
Pender & Associates provides a team of industry experts possessing these attributes ready to share their knowledge and unique skill set with our customers.
HR Support for Businesses
In today’s complex business environment, it is critical for small and mid-size firms to have a trusted agent providing them with HR advice and on-going support. Listed below are some examples of the HR support Pender & Associates provides our business clients:
- We deliver pertinent and relevant information to business owners regarding PPACA compliance providing them with guidance and easy to use reminder tools.
- We use current technology to help business owners coordinate the preparation and maintenance of Summary Plan Documents and Descriptions that are compliant with ERISA regulations.
- We work with carriers who provide Wellness Programs for small to mid-size businesses and help identify wellness discounts and services.
- We research and analyze group benefit requirements then shop the market and recommend a competitive benefits package to meet owner objectives.
- We provide a turnkey group enrollment process that provides eligible personnel with “Benefits-at-Glance,” an employee handbook detailing the company’s annual program.
- We provide employees with friendly and informative customer support eliminating lengthy prompt selections and long hold times.
Personal Protection Plans
Pender & Associates has always helped families and individuals with assembling personal protection plans to provide family security and shield assets, but PPACA has put our agents front and center when it comes to purchasing health insurance. Without consulting an insurance specialist when purchasing health coverage, people may miss out on a premium tax credit, lose their doctors or hospitals, or even learn their medications are not covered – making their insurance practically worthless. Our agents are familiar with changes in the health insurance market and will navigate you through the process of shopping and selecting health coverage that works uniquely for each person whether it is a purchase via healthcare.gov or the private market.
In addition to health insurance, our team helps people create a comprehensive protection package to include life or secondary coverage such as Medicare supplemental, Long Term Care, disability, dental, vision, and travel coverage.
The community outreach efforts of Pender & Associates extend from supporting athletic teams and non-profits to fundraising and event planning. Through our activities and leadership roles, we hope to positively affect our friends and neighbors. Our passion is helping find a cure for Parkinson’s Disease, contributing time, talents, funds and prayers to the cause.
As Pender & Associates continues to serve its community, we invite everyone to join in our efforts. Consider finding room in your budget to donate to a local charity in the next fiscal year. Outreach and support can strengthen ties with your community, and you never know how that may affect your business!